Mar 24, 2014

New Member Spotlight

Shabby chic gypsy eco prairie romatic custom




The Etsy Vintage Team proudly welcomes one of our newest members Kate from Kateblossom!
 Kate brings new meaning to taking the old and making it new. Her up-cycle clothing creations are truly one of a kind masterpieces! Each item Hand-died, Hand-sewn, and embellished with fine vintage linens, lace, and/or buttons. Each selection tells a whimsical tale and perhaps peers into Kate's very own childhood dreams. You cannot help but to stop and smell the proverbial roses while browsing her shop. It sparks your own imagination (which is just fine with her). Shes happy to work together with her shoppers & help them create a custom masterpiece.


Meet Kate the owner and creator of Kateblossom
"Hi Sweet Friends! I am Kate and I live in North California with my dear Husband. I love to create unique, earthy, ethereal, sometimes edgy, carefree, fun, country, chic, farm, bridal, ranch, cottage clothes for women and children.. casual, yet with a touch of elegance. I love God, and his Son Jesus, His Word....and pleasing him every day is my goal. What a blessing that he is our creator. "












More from Kate:

"Etsy has been a way for me to use my own creativity. I have always loved Vintage Things, even when I was a little girl at my Grandmothers house. I loved visiting Thrift Stores as a child. I find thrill in taking thrifted or handed down clothing and making them into something new. I also enjoy using bits and pieces of things, kind of like making a collage with clothing. Old lace and lots of different fabrics, buttons and other textiles go into my creations."


...and what a wonderful collage Kate creates!






Fabric Art isn't Kate's only talent... 

She enjoys reading, cooking and an array of outdoor activity. All seemingly inspirations for her creations. She has recently written a Historical Fiction picture book that her husband illustrated, and it will be published this Summer!


She has a Second Etsy Store Katerustic where she creates "Handmade Rustic Farm Girl Home Decor Folk Art."

 shabby spring twiggy doll
Shabby Spring Twiggy Doll


As being one of our Etsy Vintage Team Members, you can shop Kate's store confidently, knowing you are getting the highest quality product and customer service possible!













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing vintage linens being upcycled in such creative ways!