Repeating NUTS this Friday--so I can share my recipe for ROASTED SPICED NUTS. Easy, and always a hit! What makes them irresistible is the glorious combination of spicy, sweet and salty.
* 1/4 cup turbinado sugar ("sugar in the raw")
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/2 - 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 egg white
* 3 cups your choice of nuts. I like pecans, almonds and cashews. (Trader Joes carries a NUT MIX that works well)
* In a small bowl, combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon and cayenne; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the egg white; add nuts. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
* Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool. Break apart any large chunks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.