Oct 25, 2010

Member Spotlight: Cowgirl Junk


Shabby hat stand
Offering “vintage and antique treasures with western flair,” the aptly named Cowgirl Junk is one of the oldest members of the Etsy Vintage Team. Recently we talked with its owner, Kelly.
  
Q. How did you come up with the name for your shop?
I wanted something for Etsy with a good ring to it. I wanted the name to reflect a lifestyle. Yes, I’m a cowgirl. I have four horses and my own tractor on my little Pigs Fly ranch! I have been collecting cowboy/cowgirl/western memorabilia for over 20 years. I also ♥ good junk!

Q. Name one item in your shop that you really want to keep, and tell us why you’re not.
These vintage Justin cowboy boots. If they fit me, they would be worn at least a couple times a week and I would probably be buried in them.
Kick arse vintage Justin cowboy boots
Q. What sound or noise do you love? What sound or noise do you hate?
I love the sound of my horses breathing. The low nicker they make when they see me.  I also love the sound of a slot machine paying off…

I don’t like the doctor to say hmmmm or the sound of sirens.
Biker studded jeweled belt
Q. Have you always liked vintage?
Oh yes! I come by it honestly. I started going to yard sales with my grandmother every Saturday when I was about 7. As soon as I was old enough to drive, I needed a bumper sticker that said I brake for yard sales, thrift stores and antique stores. I was wearing vintage clothing in junior high. I still have some vintage clothing I wore in high school and I still like it! I only wish more of it still fit...

I wish my antique and vintage items could talk and tell me all about the people and animals they knew.

No comments: